Constitution & Rules
- The name of the association is “Tangent India”
- The motto of Tangent India is ” FRIENDSHIP CONTINUED FOREVER” i.e. to continue the friendship formed in Ladies Circle and Round Table
- Membership :
- Members of Tangent India comprise past Circlers, ex- Tablers’ wives and wives of 41ers
- A member can continue to be a member of Tangent India, even if her spouse ceases to be a member of 41 Club due to any reason.
- A minimum of 7 members are required for the formation of a new club
- A minimum of 3 contact meetings of prospective members must be held prior to chartering of a club
- A prospective member should be invited to attend 3 meetings, before she is inducted as a member of the club
- Annual General Meeting :
- An Annual General Meeting of Tangent India will be held in September every year on the same day and at the same venue as the AGM of the Association of 41 Clubs of India
- A notice regarding the date, time and place of the AGM will be circulated among the members at least 21 days prior to the AGM
- Any proposals for additions/deletions/amendments of Tangent India rules must be sent by the concerned club to the National Secretary by the last day of July before the AGM, to enable her to circulate the proposals among the members at least 21 days prior to the AGM.
- The Board :
- The Board of Tangent India shall consist of the following :
- Vice President
- Imm. Past President
- Nomination for the post of Vice President shall be sent to the National Secretary by the last day of July before the AGM, to enable her to circulate the nominations among the members at least 21 days prior to the AGM
- In case more than one nomination is received, an election for the post shall be held at the AGM
- The Vice President shall automatically take over as President at the AGM in the following year
- The post of National Secretary & the post of National Treasurer shall be elected positions. Aspiring nominees for the above posts should have served as Chairperson or Secretary of their home club for a full year in order to be eligible. In case no nominations are received for either of the posts, the President shall nominate any suitable and eligible member, after ensuring that she has served as Chairperson or Secretary of her own club for a full year.
The president shall nominate any Advisors/Convenors as she deems fit as part of her team. However, these shall not be Board positions.
- A nominee for the post of Vice-President shall have served as Chairman or Secretary of her own Club, to be eligible to stand for the post of Vice President.
- In the event that the Vice President is not present at the Annual General Meeting where she is to take over as President, she will not be allowed to assume the office of President. In such an eventuality, the incumbent President will continue to hold the post and if she is not willing to do so, the post will be offered to any of the Past Presidents present and willing to take the post.
- The Board of Tangent India shall consist of the following :
- Finances :
- Membership Fee – With effect from 14th October, 2016, each new member shall contribute an initial amount of Rs.2000/- ( Rupees Two Thousand only ) as Membership Fee when she joins the Club. The Membership Fee collected by the Clubs from new member shall be treated as donations to the Corpus of Tangent India. Only the income earned from the Corpus such as Interest and Dividends or any other income accrued can be used to meet the expenditure of the operations of Tangent India. This amount may be reviewed and enhanced at the Annual General Meeting once in three (03) years, being approved by 2/3rds of members present and voting for the approval.
- The Bank Account, opened in the name of Tangent India, shall be operated jointly by any two of the following three – President, Secretary, Treasurer, with the President being the primary signatory.
- A Statement of Accounts will be circulated among the members at least 21 days prior to the AGM and presented at the AGM each year.
- The National Board will be authorised to invest the Corpus lying in the bank accounts of the association from time to time at its discretion, in any manner most profitable for the association.
- With effect from 14th October, 2016, each Tangent Club shall pay an Annual Administrative Fee (AAF) to Tangent India, a sum of Rs.300 (Rupees Three Hundred Only) per member on or before 31st July each year. The AAF will be payable by all Clubs, including Clubs chartered on or before the Tangent NAGM 2016. The AAF shall be accompanied by the Annual Administration Form which will form the basis for calculation of AAF. The Form will be circulated to all Clubs by the National Board by December 31st of each year.The amount raised from this fee will be used for the administrative expenses of Tangent India. This amount may be reviewed and enhanced at a General Meeting once in two (02) years, being approved by 2/3rds of members present and voting for the proposal.Enforcement Clause :
Clubs which fail to comply with Rule 6(e) above shall forfeit :
- Voting rights at the AGM
- Participation / Deliberations in the meetings of Tangent India
- Right to nominate a candidate for any National post
- Any assistance or information from the National such as Directory, Tangent Times and Supply House
- “Right” to represent as a member of Tangent India at the International AGMs or events.
- All other privileges concerned with the membership of Tangent India
The above Rights/Privileges shall be restored on submission of the AAF Form together with arrears of Annual Administrative Fee and a late fee of Rs.500/- (per year of default) to Tangent India.
Tangent India will have the right to revoke the charter of a Club that has not complied with Rule 6(e) for two (02) successive years, after giving due notice. Such a proposal to de-charter shall be brought before the general body at the next AGM. The number given to the de-chartered Club may be either frozen or allocated to another club at the sole discretion of the National Board of Tangent India.
Members of such Clubs that have had their charter revoked, will have the right to take a transfer to any other club in the country on completion of the necessary formalities governing the rule 6(g) for transfer of members.
- Charter Fee – With effect from 14th October, 2016, a sum of Rs.1000/- (Rupees one thousand only ), to be paid by the new Club at the time of its Charter to the NAtional Board, to meet the expenses incurred by the Board towards the Charter of a new Club. The amount raised from this fee will be used for the administrative expenses of Tangent India.
- Transfer Fee – With effect from 14th October, 2016, any member desiring a transfer to any other club within the country (India) may do so provided she carries a “No Objection Certificate” from her parent club and has paid a Transfer Fee of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only) to Tangent India. Such fee would be treated as a donation to the Corpus.
- Affiliated Clubs :
- Members of individual clubs shall nominate/elect a Chairperson who, in turn, will nominate a Secretary and/or Treasurer for the effective functioning of the club. Election may be held for these posts, if desired
- Individual clubs will complete their AGMs by 31st July each year and send the names of the new office bearers by 15th of August to the Board
- Individual clubs shall be permitted to collect funds for internal expenses from their members, whatever sum all members deem adequate
- All clubs must send an Annual Report mentioning number of meetings held, club activities, projects, etc to the National Secretary by 15th August each year.